Social Media Analyst-Tamil Language
About the organization
Founded in 1989, SOSi is the largest private, family-owned and operated technology and services integrator in the aerospace, defense and government services industry. Its global portfolio includes military logistics, intelligence analysis, software development, and cybersecurity.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Social Media Analyst (Tamil) to join our Intelligence Solutions Group in support of USSOCOM in Tampa, FL. The candidate will conduct web-based social media engagement operations leveraging his/her cultural, linguistic, and web support operations experience in the Indo-Pacific Region to disseminate information products to target audiences outside the United States. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, working both independently and as an important member of the team. This candidate will support the on-site Program Manager to execute the engagement operations on behalf of the Web Support Program in addition to reporting to the Engagement Operations Task Lead for the Indo-Pacific Region.
- Serves as a fluent Tamil social media analyst within the USINDOPACOM portfolio of a web-based MISO program.
- Develops and maintains expertise with designated regional issues and draws upon publicly available online information resources
- Reads, analyzes, and drafts communications regarding regional and ideological discussions in specified foreign language online media environments
- Analyzes current media statements or postings to support trend analysis and identifies key communicators
- Current DOD Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in a related business or technical discipline
- Requires 1 - 3 years of related experience, including supervisory experience and experience - coordinating engagement with foreign audiences to counter violent extremist
- Possess Tamil language proficiency equivalent to ILR 4 in listening/speaking/reading
- Knowledge of current events and cultural nuances in Sri Lanka
- Familiarity with PSYOP/MISO policy issues and practices is highly preferred
- Familiarity with Combatant Command operational environments is preferred
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications
- Normal office working conditions with possible requirement to lift and/or move objects or packages of up to 25 lbs
- Periods of non-traditional working hours including consecutive nights or weekends when necessary
SOSi is an equal employment opportunity employer and affirmative action employer. All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job