About the organization
About Brooklyn SolarWorks
Brooklyn SolarWorks was founded in 2015 with a purpose and mission to make “solar” appealing, easy, and available for all Brooklyn’s urban homeowners. Having acknowledged the unique design for Brooklyn homes, BSW has pioneered an entirely new design and installation methods that work around and elevates above these challenges. We are committed to building a diverse, sustainably minded, and ever-growing team to best serve our customers and clean energy overall.
Why Brooklyn SolarWorks
We are committed to building a diverse, sustainably minded, comfortable and ever-growing team that allows us to delight customers and provide them with clean energy. We believe and advocate for work life balance and growing at a manageable pace. Our staff and our customers are who we are, and here, their voice truly matters. To get a sense of our culture and environment check out our social media channels: IG, TikTok and FB: brooklynsolarworks, Twitter: bksolarworks.
• The incumbent will be responsible for performing site surveys, assessing building conditions and roofs, and relaying critical information to Brooklyn Solar Works' (BSW) teams.
• Conduct measurements of the roof and draft blueprints of the roof.
• The auditor will work closely with operations and sales teams to evaluate solar feasibility for interested building owners.
• Comfortability working on flat rooftops during all seasons and weather conditions.
• Test electricity panels in home to ensure homeowner has the potential to go solar.
• Carry out additional duties as required by Site assessment Manager.
• Valid Driver’s license is strongly preferred.
• 2-3 site visits per day
• Experience with SketchUp is preferred.
• Basic electrical knowledge.
• Basic project fulfillment of presales designs and permitting forms.
• Strong knowledge Interfacing with various NYC Agencies: landmarks, Department of Buildings, Con Edison, etc…
• Roofing experience is strongly preferred.
• 2 years of construction experience.
• Comfortability with heights, climbing ladders, stand for long periods at a time.
• Attention to detail.
• CAD or Architectural Software is plus.
• Ability to travel and work irregular hours.
• A passion for Brooklyn SolarWork’s mission.
• Pay: $20-$25/hr plus commission
• (Free options are available) Health (HSA), Vision, Dental and Life Insurance
• 401k (Traditional & Roth) retirement plan + 4% tiered company matching.
• Transportation perks/benefits
• Paid Time Off + Sick Days
• 12 Company Holidays
• Quarterly Profit-sharing Bonus
• Free Employee Assistance Program
• Monthly Commuter Travel Benefits (MTA Metrocards)
• Occasional Company provided snacks and lunches
• Additional Voluntary Benefits... i.e. HSA, FSA, Pet insurance, STD, LTD etc…
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job