Site Manager, Southern Connecticut State University
About the organization
Jumpstart is a national early education organization working toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. By participating in Jumpstart’s yearlong program, children develop the language, literacy, and social and emotional skills they need to be ready for school, setting them on a path for lifelong success. Since 1993, Jumpstart has trained 54,000 college students and community volunteers to transform the lives of over 136,000 preschool children nationwide. Jumpstart is also a proud member of the AmeriCorps service network. Join us to work toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed! Learn more at www.jstart.orgOpens in New Window.
The Site Manager role is a full year position based in and around New Haven, CT. The primary responsibility of the Jumpstart Site Manager is to implement high quality programming by overseeing the day-to-day operations of the program and to support child outcomes. The Site Manager recruits, trains, and supervises college students serving as part-time volunteers to work with preschool children from under-resourced neighborhoods.
Early Childhood Education and Training:
• Facilitate Jumpstart training series for members; adapt or develop training content for members when necessary
• Observe Jumpstart sessions and planning meetings to monitor the quality of interactions between members and children and the implementation of planned curriculum and provide coaching and feedback to members based on observations
• Work closely with teachers and preschool center directors, negotiating aspects of program implementation
• Plan and manage recruitment process; interview and select all members for site
• Support members in the completion of expected hours requirements
• Develop Jumpstart member supervision practices to provide members and Team Leaders with systematic supervision and support, consistent and responsive management, and clear ongoing communication
• Work with national staff to e
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
• 2-3 years of work experience
• Strong organizational, management and leadership abilities
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in order to meet key tasks as scheduled
• Competency in Microsoft software, especially Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point
• Build and maintain strong relationships with community partners, preschool staff, and the general
• Commitment to Jumpstart’s core values: learning, connection, determination, joy and kindness
• Ability and willingness to travel to assigned locations/sites as necessary
• Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
• Background or experience in an early childhood setting
• Prior work experience in a higher education setting and/or managing college students
• Prior experience/interest in social justice, or diversity, equity, and inclusion work
• Prior experience in supervising others; ability to provide verbal and written feedback
• Experience working in urban environments
• Ability to manage basic fiscal matters
Requires evening/weekend work at specific times during the program year
Approximately 15% local travel
December 2019 (desired start date, yet position open until filled)
New Haven, CT
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary - $47,500; along with excellent benefits
Contact email: [email protected]
Please complete the online application. Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
Jumpstart is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sexual and reproductive health choices, marital status, age, pregnancy, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law with respect to employment opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job