Short Term Consultant: Final Evaluator, Diverse Voices
About the organization
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. We seek to realize the potential of a digitally connected world: a world in which evidence-based information advances human progress, enables broad opportunity and accountability, and fuels vibrant civic debate.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. We have proudly incubated hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped these partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
Internews believes that information can play a key role in supporting peaceful pluralism and human rights. Thus, the Diverse Voices project was implemented in Indonesia and Malaysia with the goal of improving the quality, quantity, and dissemination of reporting on religious freedom issues to promote more democratic, tolerant societies.
The project has two specific objectives:
1. Strengthen the capacity of journalists to safely and legally increase accurate, balanced, and responsible reporting on religious freedom issues; and
2. Strengthen collaboration between civil society organizations, the media and key stakeholders, to protect religious freedom at the local, national, and regional levels.
Internews is seeking a consultant to evaluate the performance and success of the project. The evaluation will assess the project's achievement towards goals and objectives, and look at signs of potential impact of project activities on beneficiaries, as well as sustainability of results. The evaluation is expected to result in a series of key recommendations to build on results achieved to date and to guide the next phase of Internews' work.
To view the complete Terms of Reference, please visit our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1404
- Advanced university degree, ideally in development, public policy, social science, or media studies;
- A minimum of 5 years experience in designing and conducting evaluations;
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative monitoring and evaluation data collection and analysis methods;
- Experience working in Indonesia and Malaysia;
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies, including complexity-aware monitoring approaches;
- Sound judgement and ability to objectively evaluate projects in terms of results achieved as well as processes (evidenced through previously conducted evaluations and references);
- Fluency in spoken and written English; Bahasa Indonesia and Bahasa Malaysia proficiency a big plus;
- Excellent inter-cultural communication skills/cultural sensitivity and the ability to forge strong cross-cultural relationships and build trust, as demonstrated through previous experience; and
- Excellent conceptual and analytical report-writing skills.
Note: Candidates who do not possess these preferred qualifications, but are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in conducting evaluations in the non-profit sector, related to media as well as civil society advocacy;
- Experience in evaluation of grants funded by the US State Department; and
- Familiarity with the activities, working methodologies, and approaches of Internews.
Please apply no later than the close of business on May 11, 2021 (GMT +8). Applications should include the below documentation:
- Statement of interest
-Two samples of evidence of evaluator's quality work (e.g., links to evaluation reports or PDF attachments), highlighting evaluation theories and approaches
- Two referees, and confirmation of your availability
- A financial proposal outlining salary history and/or daily rate for the previous three consultancies, and any additional costs
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job