Service Learning Program Coordinator
About the organization
Who We Are
buildOn is a not-for-profit organization working to break the cycle of poverty, illiteracy and low expectations through service and education. We’re not a charity, we’re a movement.
In the United States, we run intensive service learning programs in under-resourced, urban high schools in six major cities. Through these programs, buildOn empowers youth to transform their communities through high-impact service. Over the last 27 years, buildOn has empowered more than 100,000 urban youth to contribute more than 2.2 million hours of service that has touched the lives of more than one million people living below the U.S. poverty line. Moreover, 98% of buildOn students graduate high school, and most go on to college.
What You’ll Do
• Lead all activities to drive student outcomes through quality Service Learning Programs at partner school(s).
• Develop the buildOn movement by achieving Key Performance Indicator targets to engage 300 students to contribute 975 service hours and gain 1,200 total service learning hours every month.
• Input accurate and complete data on-time through Salesforce.
• Establish, develop, and maintain strategic partnerships including with school advisors, administrators, faculty, and support staff, and local community partners.
• Lead recruitment for Trek and support students to participate in the complete Trek experience.
• Lead and support the planning and execution of all regional events, including Service Kick Off, Citywide Service, Celebrate buildOn!, and other large-scale events.
• Support collaboration with Immersions team around immersive experiences, including 36 Hours and Partnership Program.
• Support collaboration with Development and Marketing teams around fund development opportunities, special events, and external communications to elevate student voice.
• Support collaboration with Marketing team and involvement of students as part of special events and external communications to elevate student voice.
• Track individual program expenses, including petty cash reconciliation and personal reimbursement requests.
• Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
What You Bring
• Personal commitment to buildOn’s mission – the power of service to change lives, communities, and the world
• buildOn Alumni preferred (indicate buildOn Alumni status in application, if applicable)
• Committed to buildOn’s core values of empowerment, responsibility, and compassion
• Extensive experience living and/or working in underserved communities
• Extensive experience leading and/or participating in service learning (1-2 years)
• Experience working in mission-centered nonprofit programs
• Track record of professional and personal achievement
• Invested in continual growth and learning through ongoing discovery, planning and execution, and reflection
• Excellent skills to build relationships with students, school faculty and staff, and community partners
• Organized and disciplined with time to effectively accomplish multiple projects simultaneously
• Exceptional communicator
• Driven to achieve goals
• Excel to adapt in dynamic and fast-paced work environment
• Functional knowledge of regional school district(s) and educational and nonprofit landscape
• Relevant educational background (Bachelor’s degree required)
Contact email: [email protected]
Please send a resume and compelling cover letter.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job