Senior Technical Coordinator, Health Financing
Last Mile Health
About the organization
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. Last Mile Health is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Last Mile Health, we make bold commitments that inspire innovation. Do you have a record of working with partners to make bold financial commitments to healthcare?
We are looking for a dynamic Technical Coordinator or Senior Technical Coordinator to join our Health Financing team. Reporting to the Director, Health Financing, the position will mobilize resources and build solutions related to the growth and sustainability of community health programs across our country portfolios – currently Liberia, Uganda, and Malawi. The Technical Coordinator / Senior Technical Coordinator, Health Financing will support and advise our countries teams as they engage Ministries of Health (MOH) and Ministries of Finance (MOF) in the area of health financing and will work in partnership with the MOH to expand health sector financial resources.
What You'll Do
- Support MOH and MOF partners to design and implement tools and processes for improved resource mobilization, allocation, and management for leading community health programs, including costing models and financial projections.
- Lead resource mapping and reviewing funding channels to identify and understand areas for potential resource mobilization and acquisition.
- Prepare recommendations for financial sustainability for MOH and MOF related to community health programs
-Provide technical assistance to MOH teams to build financial management systems
What You'll Bring
- Several years of professional work experience in applied health financing, including providing high-touch analysis and advisory services to governments and funders
- Technical Coordinator: Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience, or Master’s degree and 3-5 years of experience.
- Senior Technical Coordinator: Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience, or Master’s degree and 5 years of experience.
- Significant quantitative analysis skills, especially financial and economic modeling, econometrics, and budget/cost analysis
- Experience developing or using costing tools, resource mapping tools, and producing cost-effectiveness analyses to improve resource allocations
- Fluent in English and excellent verbal, and written communication skills
You'll Impress Us If
- You have previous experience and knowledge of national and county-level government financing policies, procedures, and systems in resource-limited settings
- You have previous experience and knowledge working with major donors to global health such as USAID, Global Fund, or the World Bank.
- MPP, MPH or Masters with focus in health economics preferred
Please apply using the link above. We look forward to hearing from you.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job