Senior Technical Coordinator, Advocacy
Last Mile Health
About the organization
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Last Mile Health, we make bold commitments that inspire innovation. Are you passionate about global advocacy work and interested in contributing to the design and implementation of an inspired policy and advocacy strategy? If so, you may be our next Senior Technical Coordinator, Advocacy.
The Senior Technical Coordinator, Advocacy (STC) for the Health Investment and Policy (HIP) team will work with the Director, Advocacy to define the expanding reach and direction of Last Mile Health’s (LMH) Global Policy & Advocacy strategy. LMH is actively growing its advocacy portfolio to inform broader global health priorities and strategies to be inclusive of community health workforce programming.
Reporting to the Director, Advocacy, the STC shapes the organization’s advocacy direction and commitments based on global priorities. In particular, this position will develop the advocacy messaging for use internally to support relationship management and externally in various advocacy deliverables, including op-eds, policy briefs, speeches, and reports. The STC will support the Director of Advocacy, Executive Team, Director of Strategic Partnerships, Community Health Academy, and other staff as needed to manage key advocacy relationships and set relationship goals.
Location can be Boston, MA or New York City, NY.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, international relations, gender studies, political science, human rights, or a related field
- Several years of significant and applicable work experience, with a strong preference towards experience in strategic advocacy and policy change
- Deep familiarity with global development institutions, the UN system, and international health and development issues at the global level
- Experience working with stakeholders at multiple levels- global partners, technical managers and/or national governments
You’ll Impress Us If
- Experience working with global senior level officials and/or national governments
- Experience in policy influencing in Sub Saharan Africa
- Experience in development and/or conducting research
Please apply using the link above. We look forward to hearing from you.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job