Senior Technical Advisor, CDI USAID Malaria Bilateral
Population Services International
About the organization
Who we are
With over 50 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 7,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do
Under the supervision of the COP and in line with Government of Cote d'Ivoire, USAID and PSI policies, guidelines and best practices, the Senior Technical Advisor will be responsible for:
• Developing analytically sound and comprehensive reports on the design, introduction, and implementation of malaria control and elimination strategies in Cote d'Ivoire, in line with national program strategies and guidelines.
• Supporting coordination mechanisms across consortium partners to ensure adherence to Ivoirian and global guidelines and best practices for malaria control and elimination, and responsiveness to the National Malaria Control Program.
• Mentoring internal project and external program staff in Cote d'Ivoire and global best practices in malaria control and elimination.
• Ensuring that project activities are implemented in line with Ivorian program strategies, guidelines and plans, and WHO guidelines and best practices for malaria control and elimination.
• Monitoring the publication of new evidence at the global and regional level on malaria control strategies.
• Continuously building the capacity and knowledge of program staff.
• Developing partnerships and relationships with key in-country, regional and global technical stakeholders and thought leaders.
• Collect, distill, and disseminate malaria control and elimination best practices to inform the broader community of practice.
What are we looking for?
Master's degree in public health, epidemiology, or equivalent field. Doctorate or Medical Degree an advantage.
• At least 7 years' experience working on malaria control, preferably in Cote d'Ivoire
• Demonstrated global malaria technical knowledge with established reputation for excellence in malaria control and elimination. Familiarity with the Cote Ivoirian MoHCC and National Malaria Control Program strategies, priorities, and approaches a plus.
• Ability to coordinate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders in numerous locations and levels, including private partners, donors, government officials and bodies, technical experts, civil society organizations, community members and organizations and project support staff.
• Demonstrated knowledge of malaria control and experience in managing a malaria program.
• Sound technical knowledge of malaria and vector control policy and context in Cote d'Ivoire or another similar context
• Experience mentoring others in best practices and the development of malaria control and elimination strategies
• Excellent writing and presentation abilities.
• Fluent in French (spoken and written) and have basic competency in English
• Strong preference for citizen of Cote d'Ivoire
• References will be required.
• The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
74525 - 106677.8 / Annually
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: [email protected] or call (202)785-0072.
Apply Here: https://www.Click2apply.net/rf226f73fwpz72x9
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job