Senior Staffing Specialist
Tetra Tech - International Development Services
About the organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered Arlington, Virginia is accepting applications from qualified candidates for a Senior Staffing Specialist to join our International Consulting Services (ICS) Team. As a Senior Staffing Specialist, you will provide specialized high-level knowledge on best practices of international staffing policies and procedures at all stages of our business cycle. You will work within all our technical sectors to develop preliminary staffing structures, position descriptions, contact and pre-qualify quality candidates, and recommend the best candidates to the new business teams.
This position will be based in the Burlington, Vermont office.
* Provides oversight to major proposal/project recruitment efforts
* Works with proposal teams to develop appropriate staffing plans
* Provides support and advice to proposal/project teams in determining finalist candidates
* Directly involved in the recruitment of key proposal or project personnel
* On day-to-day basis, mentors international Contract Staffing Specialists
* Mentors staff on the candidate negotiation process to ensure compliance
* Represents Tetra Tech IDS at career, association conventions, networking events, and other functions
* Travel overseas to provide in-country recruitment for scoping trips or project start-ups
* Bachelor’s degree required in International Development or field related to one of the firm’s practice areas, HR, Business, Marketing or Communications; Master’s degree preferred
* At least two years of experience in staffing for international development projects and proposals
* Proficiency in Spanish or French highly preferred;
* Experience cultivating exceptional relationships and partnerships with other technical and business unit staff
* Direct experience mentoring recruitment colleagues
* Demonstrated track record managing the recruitment process for proposals and projects
* Exceptional interpersonal skills and positive attitude, with the ability to communicate with all levels of candidates and employees
* High-level of reliability, pro-activeness and track record for follow-through
* Ability and willingness to travel internationally
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement
Contact email: [email protected]
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job