Senior specialist, facilities procurement
About the organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics seeks a Facilities Procurement Senior Specialist for its Operations, Finance and Compliance Division (OFC) within its Global Health and Supply Chain Office (GHSCO), located in Arlington, VA. The Facilities Procurement Senior Specialist will lead and manage various aspects of facilities, audiovisual, and office services procurements for all departments, projects, and initiatives supported by the OFC division. The senior specialist will lead the development and management of vendor/supplier relationships, coordinate with the finance and accounting division regarding leasing and rent schedules, as well as comprehensively overseeing Chemonics’ assets. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
• Build and maintain successful long-term internal and external work relationships consistently demonstrating Chemonics’ core values
• Lead procurement functions for Facilities and AV Technology; manage work efforts of direct report(s). Lead procurement of assets and materials pertaining to all Chemonics’ facilities, including obtaining quotes, and working with technical staff to make sure quotes are accurate, competitive, and in accordance with USG procurement and compliance regulations
• Develop and maintain supplier scorecards encouraging best pricing and service
• Support procurement requirements for ChemYards Navy Yard Project as needed
• Track trends in expenditures
• Minimum four years of relevant procurement and relationship-building work experience, including significant experience with complex purchasing or procurement systems/processes
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Previous leadership experience including management of a service function and/or team members/direct reports
• Possesses a comprehensive understanding of procurement and contract management for USG regulations and guidelines
• Demonstrated negotiation skills with a proven track record in reducing organizational expenses
• Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
• Strong data analytic skills in MS Excel, including Pivot Tables and the ability to visually present complex information
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively both verbally and in writing, and deliver presentations, trainings, and facilitate meetings effectively
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems creatively, multitask, work under tight deadlines, and learn new concepts quickly
• Strong organization/prioritization skills, communication, teamwork, and attention to detail
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data.
Chemonics International is monitoring COVID-19 activity around the world. The health and wellbeing of our staff is of the utmost importance to us, and we continue to hire for all open roles with interviewing and on-boarding done virtually.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job