Senior Solid Waste Engineer
CNMI Office of Planning and Development
About the organization
Established 2017 by Public Law 20-20, the CNMI Office of Planning and Development (OPD) provides short- and long-term guidance on al economic, infrastructure, and physical development of the CNMI. OPD assist other local agencies in planning in order to harmonize, improve, and assist in implementation comprehensive planning activities at all levels of government.
The Solid Waste Engineer will act as the lead project engineer for the Solid Waste Division for the
Department of Public Works.
• Leads drafting and review of PS&E and all field works requiring engineering expertise;
• Manages and oversees training and capacity development needs of Junior Engineer and supports
related training and skill development within DPW and the Solid Waste branches of Tinian and Rota as
• Coordinates with USEPA and BECQ on the compliance requirements for all solid waste activities,
specifically, the Marpi Landfill and the Transfer Stations;
• Assists in planning solicitation process, including drafting RFPs/RFQs/ITBs, outreach for
contractor/vendors, and procurement period meetings, and post-procurement evaluation and debriefs,
• Leads review compliance issues; review permits, update plans and standard operating procedures;
• Provides assistance with planning, quality assurance, safety inspection protocols, and participate in
proposal evaluations for planning and engineering services;
• Finalizes scopes of work, budgets, and timelines for proposed solid waste related construction plans
and operation plans;
• Attends progress design and construction meetings with vendors;
• Prepares reports for submission to grantors, regulatory agencies including USEPA & BECQ and for the
• Coordinates engineering project development and design review with the islands of Tinian and Rota
on solid waste activities.
The Senior Solid Waste Engineer will demonstrate a combination of education and experience – college
level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the
physical and mathematical sciences underlying engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both
theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the
branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the
following: 1. Professional registration or licensure -- Current registration as an Engineer Intern (EI),
Engineer in Training (EIT)1, or licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) by any State, the District of
Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico. Absent other means of qualifying under this standard, those applicants
who achieved such registration by means other than written test (e.g., State grandfather or eminence
provisions) are eligible only for positions that are within or closely related to the specialty field of their
registration. For example, an applicant who attains registration through a State Board's eminence
provision as a manufacturing engineer typically would be rated eligible only for manufacturing
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications of the appointee.
Contact email: [email protected]
Please email, as a single PDF document, a cover letter, CV or resume, names and contact information for three references, and a copy of terminal degree OR unofficial transcripts to Kodep Ogumoro-Uludong, OPD Director ([email protected]), cc Erin Derrington ([email protected]). Alternatively, hard copies of all documents can be sent to Kodep Ogumoro-Uludong, Director, Office of Planning and Development, Caller Box 10007, Saipan, MP 96950.
For questions or clarifications, please contact Erin Derrington ([email protected])
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job