Senior SEO Analyst
About the organization
360i is a fully integrated creative and media agency that helps brands capitalize on change. As a highly strategic creative and media partner with a deep understanding of how people discover brands and share stories, we don’t just react to changes in the marketplace – we predict and define them. We’re built for progressive marketers hungry for ideas that make human and business sense. By bringing together some of the smartest, most curious people with expertise in data, creativity, media, strategy, search, and social, we help our clients achieve their objectives and drive their business forward. And our hustle doesn’t go unnoticed. In 2019, we were selected for Ad Age’s A-List – our ninth consecutive year in the coveted issue. We’ve also been named Adweek’s Breakthrough Media Agency of the Year, one of Campaign’s Top 25 Most Influential Agencies, one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and ranked amongst the best Performance Marketing Agencies by Forrester Research. That’s some range. We work with brands including 7-Eleven, Ben & Jerry’s, SkinnyPop, DSW, Kroger, Oreo and Mondelez. To learn more, visit www.360i.com.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. 360i is an agency of dentsu.
At 360i, we help brands capitalize on change. Our SEO team is foundational to that mission as Google constantly updates its algorithms and impacts how customers discover information and get to where they want to go.
As the Senior Analyst of SEO you will own the data, research, and insights that inform smarter strategies that address our clients’ evolving business needs. Your work will significantly contribute to our understanding of each client’s performance in the competitive landscape and help identify the individual tactics that may help improve performance. You will gain valuable experience working alongside a growing award-winning SEO team (five-time Forrester Wave Leader).
We are seeking a curious and courageous individual with strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, intermediate to expert-level Excel skills, who has relentlessly high standards, a passion for learning, and applying what they learn. To be successful and advance from here you need to develop your communication skills for effective client engagements, project management to set and hit deadlines, and increased sense of accountability for the consistency and quality of deliverables shared with clients.
- You will perform research and analysis, develop and regularly produce basic reports, conduct content and technical audits, and perform SEO forecasting on topical campaigns to size the potential impact to your clients’ programs. To be successful you will need to continuously hone your critical thinking, interpersonal skills, presentation delivery, demonstrate curiosity and proficiency in all aspects of SEO.
- Research, identify, and generate actionable insights from data that inform your clients’ SEO programs from sources including but not limited to Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Trends, Google Ads Keyword Planner, Adobe Analytics, BrightEdge, Conductor, and more with limited oversight and help from others.
- Contribute significantly to technical site audits using a suite of tools including but not limited to Screaming Frog, Deep Crawl, Sitebulb, Google Lighthouse, Ahrefs, Moz, and SEMRush.
- Contribute significantly to the development of strategic deliverables such as customer journeys and content gap analyses (and associated opportunity forecasting) that identify and highlight competitive opportunities for our clients to pursue.
- Review and provide best practice SEO recommendations for page templates, individual pieces of site content, and other assets such as YouTube videos including but not limited to meta data, schema markup, internal linking, and light content edits with the ability to defend your recommendations by citing data and/or relevant sources.
- Develop and create reporting of intermediate to advanced complexity for your clients including, but not limited to, Google Data Studio, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint, delivered at different cadences (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually).
- Take proactive accountability for anomalies and surfacing opportunities through monitoring your clients’ SEO programs’ progress regularly for performance and threats, escalating wins, losses, and opportunities to your team and client.
- Communicate effectively on a cross-functional client team including SEO Analysts, Strategists, Supervisors, and Director-level roles.
- Manage our use of platforms like BrightEdge, Conductor, and SEMRush for your clients and be accountable for improving effective utilization.
Performing Quality Assurance review of other’s work and teaching process to others, whether one on one or in a department meeting setting.
- Contribute to the SEO department through sharing news bites, participating in our Microsoft Teams channels, engaging during vendor meetings to learn new features and ask probing questions, and supporting internal projects (like task forces).
- Curiosity: An inquisitive mind who wants to understand more about your clients’ business, how SEO helps them achieve their goals, and ways to make improvements whether or large or small. You are driven by a desire for continuous learning and developing a mastery of specific areas of your work.
- Courage: The willingness to do what is right for your client and team - especially when it is hard. You speak from a place of honesty and humility.
- Can-Do: A willingness to learn, to try new things, and to practice, practice, practice with a positive attitude. You own your mistakes and proactively seek remedies.
- 2-3+ year SEO experience with exposure to content strategy, web development, and off-site platforms like YouTube.
- A strong sense of self-governing and self-organization with little need for supervision, but the courage to ask for help and admit when you don’t know something and seek help early.
- Ability to communicate data analyses and insights visually in PowerPoint.
- Intermediate to expert-level Microsoft Excel skills including but not limited to skillful use of VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables
- Intermediate to expert-level experience using web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics.
- An eye for detail and high-quality standards for delivery.
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job