Senior Program Officer, Los Angeles Office
Just Detention International
About the organization
Just Detention International (JDI) is a health and human rights organization that seeks to end sexual abuse in all forms of detention.
• Provide direct services to incarcerated survivors of sexual abuse via written correspondence, hotline calls, virtually, and in-person in detention facilities
• Facilitate JDI’s therapeutic art workshop program for incarcerated survivors
• Work on the domestic projects team by developing and providing and technical assistance to corrections officials, rape crisis advocates, and other partners as needed
• Work with advocates, corrections staff and people in custody to improve safety and services for incarcerated survivors of sexual abuse
• Represent JDI at project sites during program meetings, program events, and trainings
• Supervise Program Assistants, as applicable
• Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, criminal justice, or a related field; or equivalent work experience
• Minimum four years of relevant professional experience
• Prior experience providing direct services to survivors of trauma or working in a detention facility highly preferred
• Passionate commitment to protecting the human rights of all people
• Comfort addressing sexual violence, ability to work sensitively with trauma survivors, and willingness to work inside detention facilities
• Ability to work effectively with people with diverse backgrounds and experiences
• Exceptional organizational and communication skills and attention to detail
• Outstanding computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint)
$60,000 - $65,000 Annually
Contact email: [email protected]
Please send a letter of interest and resume to [email protected] Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. All applications will be kept confidential.
JDI is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity. Black, Indigenous, and people of color; LGBTQI candidates; people with disabilities; and formerly incarcerated people are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job