Senior Program Officer, Immunization Center
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc.
About the organization
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., is a public health management consulting and research organizations dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. Our mission is to improve the health of underserved people and communities and to provide a place where people of passion and commitment can pursue this cause.
The Senior Program Officer (SPO) will support JSI’s Immunization Center and its Center-managed projects. The SPO will implement Center objectives, activities and projects. Overall responsibilities include a range of activities related to providing programmatic, operational, new business and communication support.
The SPO will support day-to-day Center programmatic and operations, as well as management of projects in the Center portfolio. Projects in the portfolio range in size and technical focus, and the SPO role will vary depending on the nature of the work.
• Facilitate communications between home office, field office, and between technical and management staff
• Coordinate processes to support program strategy development, work plan development and monitoring
• Provide financial and administrative support to back-stop in-country teams
• Collaborate with technical staff to draft scopes of work/RFPs for consultants, contractors, or technical assistance providers w
• Collaborate with staff to schedule, draft agendas for, and support facilitation of regular internal technical and programmatic meetings
• Support finance staff to draft and review subcontracts and vendor agreements; maintain print and electronic operating files and regularly update network drives
• Help establish and maintain a project file structure
• Support travel logistics for program staff and consultants
Documentation and Knowledge Management:
• Lead the preparation, editing, formatting and dissemination of Center and project reports, workplans, presentations, technical documents, etc., including tracking deadlines for reporting to ensure timely, quality reports
• Work with communications staff to develop and disseminate project materials, newsletters, social media and other communications materials in support of the Immunization Center communications strategy
New Business Development:
• Assist Center leadership in the development of various components of proposals and other new business development
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5-7 years relevant work experience, including working in the field of international public health or related field; or Graduate degree and a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience, including working in the field of international public health or related field;
French language required
Proven coordination, activity management, administrative and organizational skills
Previous experience backstopping overseas field offices, including relevant in-country experience essential
Ability to work independently and in groups, to manage multiple tasks concurrently, and to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
Excellent interpersonal and team skills--demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients, and consultants
Excellent writing, communication, prioritization and organizational skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Office; knowledge of other computer programs or graphic design experience a plus
Willingness to travel
$62,000 - $70,000; Salary commensurate with experience.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job