Senior Program Officer
About the organization
Founded in 1951, Amideast is a leading American nonprofit organization engaged in international education, training, and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa. We believe that self-forged, fulfilled lives lead to understanding, mutual respect, and a more peaceful, productive world.
The Senior Program Officer is a key member of the unit charged with managing the Fulbright Foreign Student Program in the Middle East and North Africa. The incumbent will have primary responsibility for student supervision caseload, a placement caseload of nominees, and supervision of an assistant and interns. The incumbent also will assume responsibilities that pertain to and require the involvement of the Fulbright unit. Therefore, the Senior Program Officer must be organized, diplomatic, and team-focused.
• Manage a placement and supervision caseload of U.S. Department of State funded Fulbright students from the Middle East & North Africa in degree programs at U.S. universities
• Manage a placement and supervision caseload of Higher Education Initiative funded Fulbright students from Egypt in degree programs at U.S. universities
• Communicate with students, State Department, field offices, Fulbright Commissions, U.S. Academic institutions, and other agencies concerning program-related matters
• Supervise a Program Assistant and interns, and assign placement/supervision workload
• Negotiate admissions and financial aid opportunities
• Promote the Fulbright Program to U.S. academic institutions through campus visits, presentations, and other outreach efforts
• BA required
• Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in a student services environment
• Previous supervisory experience
• Experience with J-1 exchange visitor programs and U.S. graduate admissions
• Ability to maintain and organize a large amount of detailed information (ex: budgetary and student related information)
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently
• Familiarity utilizing Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job