Senior Program Manager
Last Mile Health
About the organization
About Last Mile Health:
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world’s most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. Last Mile Health is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org. The Community Health Academy (Academy) partners with Ministries of Health to strengthen the clinical skills of community health workers and the capacity of health systems leaders to build higher quality systems by leveraging the power of digital training tools.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Last Mile Health, we obsess about exceptional work. Do you have a record of optimizing planning and performance in a start-up environment? If so, you may be our next Senior Program Manager for the Community Health Academy (Academy).
As the Senior Program Manager reporting to the Executive Director (ED) of the Academy, you will support the day-to-day priorities and activities of the team, focusing on strategic project management, operational excellence, and team communication. You will be critical to the Academy team achieving its strategic goals and building a digital learning platform with a global footprint.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and execute on strategic and operational plans, vendor management and contracts, and budgets across the Academy
- Scope and coordinate the expansion of the Academy’s work into new countries/regions and new partnerships, in collaboration with the ED
- Represent the ED in meetings with LMH departments to drive forward strategic alignment, proposal development, and budget development, synthesizing the information and feedback for quick decision making
- Support Academy team internal communication through coordination with team directors and development of a team meeting cadence
- Be available to travel up to 20%
What You'll Bring:
- A master's degree in business administration, public policy, public health or a similar program
- Past experience supporting a high-performing and geographically diverse team to develop and meet strategic goals
- Experience leading all aspects of a large-scale project or program from vision to execution especially when cross-functional teams are involved
- Excellent project management skills across remote teams and knowledge of project management software
- An understanding of budget management, especially those including restricted funding
You'll Impress Us If:
- You have done this work in the health sector
- You have previously worked in or understand the context of low resource settings
- You have a background or understanding of digital and blending learning pedagogy
Please apply using the link above. We look forward to hearing from you.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job