Senior Program Manager, STEM Classes and Camps
About the organization
In the modern exploration of the world of STEM, passion, engagement, and play drives learning. That’s the starting point for us at Empow.
Today, hands-on, creative, interactive play takes place in digital, virtual, and robotic environments, and can carve out potential future pathways for learning. Empow Studios supports not only active participation and developing literacy in that playground, but also social collaboration, self-actualization, and creativity. Empowering kids means giving them the tools not only to navigate their future landscapes, but be active and intentional creators of it.
Run high quality Empow STEM programs on budget for thousands of students
- Manage and coach instructors to implement with fidelity Empow’s defined pedagogy, curriculum, and program design
- Review program metrics and student progress; identify risks and solve problems to ensure high quality results for each student, teacher, and school partner; achieve or exceed quality benchmarks
- Manage program planning and operations. Balance minute details and high-level strategy. Make sound decisions under tight deadlines.
- Establish program budgets in partnership with your Regional Director and manage programs to budget
Build strong relationships with families and schools
- Directly and in partnership with your Regional Director and team educate potential and current customers about the range of Empow programs; help them find the programs that best meet their needs
- Ensure that instructors build strong mentor relationships with their students, and students build friendships with each other
- Lead your team to manage relationships with school partners, ensuring that our instructors, technology, curriculum, and support staff are working together to achieve stated goals
Build, develop and manage your team
- Lead your team to recruit, hire, train, coach and retain an exceptional program team that includes one or more program managers, and dozens of STEM instructors and site directors
- Gather and analyze qualitative and quantitative data on instructors
STEM and teaching
- Familiar with much of Empow’s STEM curriculum
- High level of success teaching classes and developing teachers
- Proven passion for STEM, education and youth
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team to achieve results
- Experienced recruiting, hiring, training staff, and gathering and analyzing data in support of professional development
- Demonstrated ability to build authentic relationships with a broad range of stakeholders including children, families, and school leaders
- Proven ability to work with and marshall the support of a wide range of internal stakeholders including peers, subject matter experts, and team leaders
- At least two years’ experience managing high quality educational programs
- Demonstrated success developing and managing complicated project plans with multiple initiatives on widely varying schedules; able to to zoom into the smallest details and zoom out to identify systemic issues
- Comfortable and excited to work in an entrepreneurial setting experiencing rapid growth
- Able to authentically embody Empow’s values of fun, creativity, collaboration, individuality, discovery, and a passion for learning STEM
- Willing to commute to the different locations you manage on a regular basis (generally within 30 minute drive)
- A BA/BS degree or higher in education or a STEM field or appropriate equivalent experience is required
$55,000 - $80,000
Contact email: [email protected]
Now that you’ve imagined the possibilities, we’d love to receive your RESUMÉ AND COVER LETTER introducing your amazing self! Please email both to: [email protected] with the title of the position you are applying for and your name in the subject line (e.g., Program Manager, Jane Doe).
Empow Studios is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity of all kinds and encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this exciting new opportunity. Empow Studios is an E-verify Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job