Senior Program Manager: Asia-Pacific
National Democratic Institute
• Provides assistance and team leadership in the day-to-day internal implementation of country-level portfolio
• Designs and oversees large-scale and diverse program activities across multiple countries
• Responds to NDI staff inquiries requiring functional or regional expertise
• Contributes to the planning, design, and evaluation of NDI's projects for the region in collaboration with local partners, in-house experts, and external experts and advisors
• Monitors assigned region's annual budget; provides a full, accurate and timely accounting of all funds
• Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred, preferably in International Relations, International Development, Politics, Sociology, Journalism or related subject; Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a one-for-one basis
• Preferably a minimum of eight (8) years relevant work experience in international development, project management, community organizing, political campaigns, organizational development, legislative affairs
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to interact with all levels of staff, U.S. and foreign government personnel, members of donor organizations, funders, and policymakers
• Exceptional competency in one or more areas of NDI's functional programs preferred, in addition to a highly developed knowledge of Asia-Pacific's political environments and people
As a result of COVID19, this position will start in a remote capacity. However, when the office re-opens, this position will be based in our Washington, DC office and the expectation is that you would be based locally to fulfill this obligation.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment and NDI employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, military status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, educational status, unemployment status, place of residence or business, source of income, or reproductive health decision making. Additionally, harassment or discrimination based on these characteristics will not be tolerated at NDI. To perform the essential functions of this position, reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified individuals who have limitations due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or medical related condition.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job