Senior Program Associate - Middle East and North Africa
About the organization
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. We seek to realize the potential of a digitally connected world: a world in which evidence-based information advances human progress, enables broad opportunity and accountability, and fuels vibrant civic debate.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. We have proudly incubated hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped these partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
The Senior Program Associate provides administrative and technical support for programs under the supervision of the Senior Program Officer based in DC and in close collaboration with the Project Director, Program Officer, and Middle East and North Africa Regional Director based in Berlin. The Senior Program Associate will be expected to perform complex tasks requiring prior experience, education or training, including:
- Assist the Project Director and Program Officer in preparing subgrant agreements with project partners and grantees;
- Assist the Project Director and Business Officer in review of partners' narrative and financial reporting, including translation to English if needed, and coordinate with the relevant Internews Financial and Monitoring and Evaluation staff;
- Assist in preparing key project documents (reports, sub grant budgets, internal documents): write, edit, proof, revise, and assemble finished materials;
- Carry out research as assigned and in support of ongoing projects and new initiatives;
- Track and manage personnel invoices and records, expenses and credit reports;
- Coordinate travel logistics;
- Enforce procurement policy for project team and partners;
- Assist the Director and Senior Program Officer with project oversight and planning, include progress towards program deliverables;
- Contribute to the sectoral watch.
- Relevant university degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years development project experience, including field training experience, OR a relevant advanced degree
- Experience with MS Excel and Word
- Superior analytical and writing ability for proposal development
- Experience with proposal writing
- Experience making complex travel arrangements
- Proven organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize a shifting workload
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment
- Ability to travel to facilitate field activities (when it is safe to do so), and participate in meetings and conferences
- Fluency in English, strong English-language communication skills (reading, writing and speaking)
- Fluency in Dari/Pashto or Farsi
To apply, please submit resume and optionally a cover letter on our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1326
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job