Senior Manager, Vaccine Acceptance
Sabin Vaccine Institute
About the organization
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization.
The Senior Manager of Vaccine Acceptance will work with the Vice President of Vaccine Acceptance and Demand to plan and implement all aspects of Sabin’s Vaccine Acceptance program, applying interdisciplinary problem-solving to address challenges to vaccine acceptance, including the Small Grants Program and the Vaccination Acceptance Research Network. The incumbent will have experience in public health with academic expertise in social/behavioral research, understanding of/experience with global health and global immunization programs, strong project management and research grant skills, and be experienced in partner relations with relevant stakeholder communities. Title and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Collaboration and Partner Management
• Manage partner relations with a number of sectors, including social/behavioral research community, immunization managers/professionals, communications
• Grow partnerships with in-country, regional and global health partners, including WHO, UNICEF, Gavi, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
• Develop and implement project monitoring & evaluation metrics and tools, leveraging Advisory Committee input and expertise
Program and Operations Management
• In close coordination with the Vice President of Vaccine Acceptance and Demand, manage Sabin’s Vaccine Acceptance program, ensuring that program deliverables are on time and in budget
• Supervise team members
• Lead Small Grant Programming
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field; advanced degree preferred
• 11+ years relevant experience, preferably in global health, public health or other related field
• Academic expertise in the social/behavioral research field, ideally with an application to international development, public health or other health related field
• Strong project management skills and proven experience with research grants; grants management experience preferred
• Proven experience in partnership relations, including social/behavioral community
• Strategic development and execution experience
• Excellent verbal and written communicator with ability to tailor approach toward the perspective of others; public speaking experience preferred
• Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels, including Boards of Trustees, coalition partners, staff, etc.; excellent at working closely with others over geographical distance
• Budget oversight and decision making experience; ability to identify risks and skilled at contingency planning
• Experience managing, mentoring and coaching people; able to build relationships and understand what motivates others
• Demonstrated ability to operate with purpose, urgency and accuracy in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• Strong attention to detail, ability to manage complex tasks, highly organized, flexible, dependable and able to prioritize competing demands to meet deadlines
• Must demonstrate interest in furt
Title and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute has a generous benefits package (see https://www.sabin.org/careers/employee-benefits).
Contact email: [email protected]
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail. Please be sure to reference “Senior Manager, Vaccine Acceptance” in the subject line. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for writing samples.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply