Senior Manager, Social Media Research
Sabin Vaccine Institute
About the organization
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization.
The Senior Manager of Social Media Research will work with the Vice President of Vaccine Acceptance and Demand to plan and implement Sabin’s Social Media research work stream, focusing on the intersection of immunization programs and social media monitoring, research and integration. The Senior Manager will convene stakeholders, assess trends, set a research agenda and test interventions. The incumbent will have up-to-date knowledge and applied work experience in the research field, including social media channels and data analysis, strong writing and project management skills and a proven ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels.
• Serve as primary point of contact for all aspects of Sabin’s social media research program
• Develop strategies to advance program development, including program design and M&E
• Manage partner relations with platforms, social media experts and the global immunization community
• Convene and present at stakeholder meetings; prepare related materials and reports
• Collect and analyze program activity data and scientific literature; write and present comprehensive statistical and narrative program reports for funders and other key stakeholders
• Translate data results into a manuscript format and advance them to publication
• In close coordination with the Vice President of Vaccine Acceptance and Demand, ensure that program deliverables are on time and in budget
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as communications, global health or international health; advanced degree preferred
• 9+ years relevant experience, with significant experience in social media, especially related to impact on behavior or spread of information and disinformation
• Strong project management skills and proven experience with research grants; grants management experience preferred
• Proven experience in partnership relations, including social media community
• Strategic development and execution experience
• Excellent verbal and written communicator with ability to tailor approach toward the perspective of others; public speaking experience preferred
• Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels, including Boards of Trustees, coalition partners, staff and organizational contacts; excellent at working closely with others over geographical distance
• Budget oversight and decision making experience, ability to identify risks and skilled at contingency planning
• Ability to manage, mentor and coach people; able to build relationships and understand what motivates others
• Demonstrated ability to operate with purpose, urgency and accuracy in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• Strong attention to detail, ability to manage complex tasks, highly organized, flexible, dependable and able to prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines
• Ability to travel with notice
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute has a generous benefits package (see https://www.sabin.org/careers/employee-benefits).
Contact email: [email protected]
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail. Please be sure to reference “Senior Manager, Social Media Research” in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply