Senior Manager, MLE Strategy
About the organization
Evidence Action is a global nonprofit organization with an approach distinctive in international development - we exclusively scale interventions that are backed by strong evidence and can be delivered with exceptional cost-effectiveness. Our programs have grown since our founding in 2013 to reach over 280 million people annually. We deliver high impact for every dollar spent, as recognized by GiveWell, The Life You Can Save, and Charity Navigator.
We do development differently. We take a data-driven approach to identifying, scaling, and continuously improving programs which deliver immense impact, ensuring these solutions measurably improve the lives of millions. Our Deworm the World Initiative has helped governments in Africa and Asia deliver over 1.4 billion childhood deworming treatments, improving health, education, and incomes.
The Senior Manager will support Evidence Action’s programs. In this role, you will manage the global MLE work for a portfolio of programs, including nutrition, deworming, and maternal and child health programs, with guidance from the Program Directors.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Manager, MLE Strategy will be to (1) ensure the MLE for their portfolio of programs is “right fit” and high quality, in collaboration with the Program teams and regional MLE teams, (2) manage the MLE Strategy team’s support to these programs, and (3) manage new global MLE initiatives for these programs or other programs in the organization.
You will report to the Director of our MLE Strategy team and join three other MLE Strategy team members supporting these programs, including two direct reports.
• Technical leadership and design strategy
• Advising and external engagement
• Project management and cross-team collaboration
• People management
See detailed responsibilities on our website here: https://apply.workable.com/evidence-action/j/81FF611CEF/
• At least 5 years of demonstrated experience developing M&E frameworks and plans, conducting implementation research, designing M&E activities including sampling design, survey protocols and data collection tools, and conducting global and country data analysis.
• Advanced degree with significant coursework in quantitative courses (e.g. in economics, statistics, epidemiology)
• Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Strong analytical skills and experience using statistical software (Stata preferred) to oversee and conduct analysis of large datasets.
• Strong team player.
• Strong people management skills and can manage people and teams cross functionally.
• Willingness to work hours that overlap with colleagues in India and across Africa.
• Adapts quickly to new and dynamic contexts.
• Willingness to travel to program locations up to 25% of the year
***If you are applying for a position at Evidence Action, please note that we do NOT accept emailed applications. All positions are advertised here: https://apply.workable.com/evidence-action/ and you must apply online there in order to be considered. Thank you!
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job