Senior Manager, Immunization Advocates
Sabin Vaccine Institute
About the organization
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization.
The Senior Manager of Immunization Advocates will work with the Vice President of Vaccine Acceptance and Demand to plan and implement all aspects of Sabin’s newly initiated Immunization Advocates program to support evidence-based decision-making and generate demand for immunization. Immunization Advocates is focused on communicating the science of vaccines and the evidence that supports immunization programs and policies, including dispelling vaccine misinformation. The program achieves these ends through training of media and health care professionals with in-person meetings and online resources. The incumbent will have experience in health communications (preferably public health with knowledge of immunization programs), partner relations, educational program development and project management experience. Title and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Collaboration and Partner Management
• Initiate and grow partnerships with regional and in-country partners and the global health community, including WHO, UNICEF, Gavi; maintain and grow partnerships with journalism organizations
• Manage engagement with the Immunization Advocates Advisory Committee
• Develop and implement project monitoring & evaluation metrics and tools, leveraging Advisory Committee input and expertise
• Collect and analyze program activity data; write comprehensive program reports for funders and other key stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field; advanced degree preferred
• 12+ years relevant experience, preferably in communications, including media relations, for health – global health, public health or other related field
• Experience with developing workshop/program agendas/training materials, including topic development and speaker recruitment
• Strong project management and program development skills
• Proven experience in partnership development and networking
• Strategic development and execution experience
• Excellent verbal and written communicator with ability to tailor approach toward the perspective of others; public speaking experience preferred
• Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels, including Boards of Trustees, coalition partners, staff and organizational contacts; excellent at working closely with others over geographical distance and from other cultures
• Budget oversight and decision making experience; ability to identify risks and skilled at contingency planning
• Experience managing, mentoring and coaching people; able to build relationships and understand what motivates others
• Demonstrated ability to operate with purpose, urgency and accuracy in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• Strong attention to detail, ability to manage complex tasks, highly organized, flexible, dependable and able to prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines
• Ability to travel with notice
Title and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute has a generous benefits package (see https://www.sabin.org/careers/employee-benefits).
Contact email: [email protected]
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail. Please be sure to reference “Senior Manager, Immunization Advocates” in the subject line. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for writing samples.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply