Senior Manager, Center for Excellence
About the organization
DataKind is a global nonprofit dedicated to harnessing the power of data science and artificial intelligence (AI) in the service of humanity. Named one of Fast Company's 2017 top 10 innovative nonprofits, DataKind teams talented pro bono experts from academia and industry with visionary change makers to collaboratively design innovative solutions to tough social challenges. They help social organizations apply their data to predictive analytics, machine learning algorithms, and AI needs in a way that both increases impact and is sensitive to the ethical considerations they have.
What You’ll Do
The Senior Manager will be responsible for the following, in addition to any other project as assigned by their manager:
DataKind Systems & Process Codification
• On an ongoing systematic basis for all engagements, ensuring that all current and future systems, processes, success measures, data dissemination, best practices, and collaborators are documented in or are in line with playbook standards.
• Developing Salesforce reporting that allows DataKind to understand program activities, troubleshoot issues, and establish benchmarks across the network.
• Devising and implementing an audit system whereby all projects and communications are assessed for quality, consistency, and compliance to DataKind standards.
• Devising replicable, culturally competent, and engaging trainings that will be delivered synchronously and asynchronously.
• Partnering with the Global Volunteers team to develop a training curriculum for new chapter leaders around the globe
• A bachelor’s degree with five to seven years of work experience; at least three years of experience in complex project management across multiple time zones/continents/countries.
• Experience managing, training, coaching, and working with a global volunteer or multi-site workforce strongly preferred; background in curriculum and instruction ideal.
• Knowledge and understanding of data science and its applications, and strong ability to discuss it among project teams and recommend related resources.
• Experience using Salesforce or other CRM systems a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job