Senior Instructional Designer
About the organization
WPS is a non-profit education start-up grounded in the belief that teaching and learning are the most transformative of human endeavors. The organization was founded on a humanistic view of what it means to be educated - one that extends beyond traditional markers of achievement. Our programs center around two complementary endeavors that we will continuously develop and refine: the learning and development of educators and the students they serve. Throughout everything we do, we maintain a strong focus on recognizing and investing in educators that serve our country’s highest need communities. WPS is in the process of developing a campus in the Boston area to support its programming and mission.
● Conduct research and literature reviews to identify and curate resources developed by best-in-class researchers, practitioners, and other subject-matter experts in a range of disciplines related to teaching and learning and teacher leadership and influence
● Collaborate with educational experts and conduct field work to identify areas for professional learning and develop engaging learning experiences
● Design and shape an inductive-based set of professional learning experiences that allow educators to deepen their practice through reflection and analysis grounded in theoretical frameworks and research
● Facilitate in-person and online educator learning sessions using a range of inductive, discourse-based, experiential and peer-to-peer methods
● Manage a variety of design-focused initiatives and projects, including multi-year initiatives developed with internal and external stakeholders
● Support the organization’s partnership development work by assessing potential content and design partners’ specialized knowledge and offerings (e.g. researchers, academics, and experts)
● Take on additional responsibilities based on interest and need, as the organization grows and evolves its programmatic focus over time
● Have 10+ years of experience, including:
○ Experience identifying and applying high-quality research to the development and execution of learning activities
○ Experience in and command of high quality, meaningful curriculum, program, and content design for teachers and students
● Hold a Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in related field (preferred)
● Possess deep content and pedagogical expertise
● Evidence strong written and verbal communication skills
● Exhibit self-initiative and an ability to work independently to progress against work plans; thoughtfully produce work product in a short time-frame, to high standards
Pay is competitive. Candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume via the link provided. To learn more about WPS, please visit our website at wpsinstitute.org.
Please find the full Job Description here: https://wpsinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Senior-Instructional-Designer-Job-Description-2021.pdf
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job