Senior Graphic Designer
About the organization
WHO ARE WE?
We think the world needs more innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
It takes a village to bring best-in-class, ever-evolving camp programs to over 30,000 campers each summer. At HQ, we believe that we are Galileo; through the work of each contributor and team, we bring our values to life, and constantly make our company and culture better. Because here, values aren’t just lip service — we aim to be more visionary, courageous, collaborative, determined and reflective each day, and back that effort up with structure to ensure our success. We like each other, we joyfully work hard together, and united by a shared dedication to our mission to create a world of fearless innovators, we encourage innovation in everything we do.
• You’ll be at the helm of our visual and brand identity, through developing beautiful and impactful work that meets or exceeds Galileo’s business outcomes. With a focus on design and branding across digital, print, email, and other channels, you’ll deliver a mix of work that sets Galileo apart in the national education space.
• You’ll bring fresh ideas to the table, and help articulate the story of our brand. As a vital team member and master of tone, you’ll develop a set-of energizing and understandable brand guides and scalable marketing tools to be leveraged across multiple company functions including Marketing, People Operations, Field Operations, and Customer Service.
• You’ll constantly drive results, particularly in the digital realm. You’ll have an ever-present eye toward metrics, and regularly leverage A/B and multivariate testing in your work.
• You’ll be a leader and mentor on a close knit team. You’ll help set the tone of the group, providing consultation and support to others within the marketing function, bringing industry savvy and a warm, professional presence.
• You’ll be a world-class partner, working cross-functionally with other departments to create and deliver visual communications that ensure that every message stays true to the magic of Galileo.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• 6 years experience in graphic design for enterprise-level consumer brand(s).
• Significant expertise in Adobe Creative software and design, review and feedback tools; proven ability to follow through from ideation to final production and/or deliverables.
• Hands-on experience with WordPress, and CRM/marketing systems such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud or equivalent.
• Skilled at, and experience with soliciting and implementing feedback to improve performance.
• Readiness to stick around: we find that our team and team members benefit from a two year minimum commitment.
Base and bonus potential to be discussed during interview
Contact email: [email protected]
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
• Benefits & Compensation
• Base and bonus potential to be discussed during interview
• Employee medical and dental benefits provided by Galileo; employee-paid dependent care and multiple ancillary benefits available
• Generous parental leave and extensive support with leave planning
• 401(k) provided after one year of employment; current Galileo contribution is 3%, with an employee contribution option
• We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need; 20 personal days per year
• We offer a significant camp discount to year-round and seasonal employees
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job