Senior Finance Coordinator
International Rescue Committee
About the organization
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future. In more than 40 countries and over 20 U.S. cities, our dedicated teams provide clean water, shelter, health care, education and empowerment support to refugees and displaced people.
The Senior Finance Coordinator will work with the Director of Finance to control and manage the implementation of the accounting systems in the IRC NorCal region. This will include assisting with the collection and processing of IRC’s financial data in order to provide management, donors, grantors, creditors, and others with timely, accurate and understandable information. The NorCal region has a current budget of $11.8 million with multiple federal, state and private contracts and grants as well as several sub grantees. The Senior Finance Coordinator is located in the Sacramento office and will report to the Northern California’s Director of Finance.
• Undergraduate degree in a related field such as Accounting or Finance
• 5+ years of nonprofit accounting/financial management experience
• Solid computer-based accounting skills; experience with SUN preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software
• Proven ability to work as a team member in a cross-cultural environment;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines; and
• Ability to effectively work in face paced environment.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job