Senior Direct Services Manager
International Rescue Committee
About the organization
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future. In more than 40 countries and over 20 U.S. cities, our dedicated teams provide clean water, shelter, health care, education and empowerment support to refugees and displaced people.
The Senior Direct Services Manager is a new senior-level position responsible for the strategy, oversight, and supervision of Sacramento’s Reception and Placement and Economic Empowerment Programming and Departments. The Senior Manager will serve as part of the IRC Sacramento’s Senior Leadership Team, overseeing 4-5 Program Managers. Key responsibilities include grants oversight, business development, partnership development, compliance and reporting, and ensuring quality client services. Additional responsibilities include maintaining and growing program funding and ensuring programs are in alignment with strategic goals and diversity and inclusion (DEI) initiatives. This position would be responsible for supporting with overall office leadership and ensuring strong client programming and staff training in the Sacramento IRC office. This position reports to the Sacramento Site Director.
· Master Degree in Social Work, Non-Profit Management, International Development, Public Administration or related field;
· Minimum 5+ years of related professional experience in office management, grants oversight, and contracts; preferably in a social services or non-profit environment;
· 5+ Years of official and direct staff supervision, and demonstrated staff management skills;
· Demonstrated experience with successful grant writing, proposal development, and project implementation;
· Technical experience in at least one key program area;
· Strong, demonstrated skill in donor compliance and donor relations;
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
· Ability to comfortably and effectively speak in front of groups;
· Good interpersonal and communication skills, conscientious, high degree of emotional intelligence and integrity;
· Self-directed and thorough in working with procedures, data entry/record keeping;
· Highly organized with the ability to work under pressure with deadlines;
· Ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural work environment.
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job