Senior Data Analyst, Rooted in Trust
About the organization
At Internews, we believe everyone deserves trustworthy news and information to make informed decisions about their lives and hold power to account. We train journalists and digital rights activists, tackle disinformation, and offer business expertise to help media outlets become financially sustainable. We do all of this in partnership with local communities – who are the people best placed to know what works.
We support independent media in 100 countries, from radio stations in refugee camps, to hyper-local news outlets, to individual activists and reporters. We’ve helped our partners reach millions of people with quality, local information that saves lives, improves livelihoods, and holds institutions accountable.
The SENIOR DATA ANALYST (SDA) is a key role in the Global Technical Advisory team. The SDA will be tasked with wrangling qualitative and quantitative rumor data and working to find trends and information that help us better understand community perceptions of the COVID-19 pandemic and vaccines. The SDA will build systems and processes that support clear tagging and sorting of data, as well as advising a team of analysts to contribute to the production of reports and other products for humanitarian, health, media, and community audiences.
For more, please visit our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1424
- Degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems, Statistics, or a related field
- Five years of relevant professional experience as a data analyst, researcher, or journalist
- Experience consulting about the results of analysis or explaining analyses to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in wrangling large, messy datasets
- A solid understanding of how data, storytelling and design work together to humanize data and spark insights and meaningful conversations
- Strong writing skills and a talent for making data make sense to diverse audiences
- Experience working in fast moving humanitarian and/or media contexts
- At least one programming language (e.g., Python, R, STATA) and SQL
- Experience creating engaging data visualizations and hands-on experience with major BI tools (i.e., Tableau and Power BI Tableau, others)
- Relevant experience working with data collection and analysis software, including Kobo Toolbox, Excel, and similar software
- Team-building skills and the ability to support a diverse staff in a challenging and highly fluid environment; experience with remote management highly prioritized
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Arabic, French, or Spanish an advantage
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1424
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job