Senior Counselor for BIFAD Support Contract – US based remote
About the organization
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans employer.
The purpose of the BIFAD Support Contract is to enable the Board for International Food and Agricultural Development (BIFAD) to make informed and relevant recommendations to USAID. The Senior Counselor will be responsible for the overall management and coordination of the BIFAD Support Contract and the primary point of contact for USAID and the BIFAD members. This is a 6-month position with potential for longer term engagement.
* Ensure all project activities and deliverables are high quality, on time, and within budget;
* Facilitate communication about learning as a result of administrative and logistical, as well as technical and engagement, support;
* Serve as a strategic advisor to both BIFAD and the USAID BIFAD Secretariat; and
* Oversee the development, implementation, and monitoring of a strategy for expanded engagement and outreach with university, research, Title XII institutions, non-degree granting research institutes, non-governmental organizations, private sector firms, and other relevant stakeholders on emerging issues related to agriculture and food security.
* Master’s degree (or 10 years of equivalent experience in international development, public administration, or a related field in agricultural sciences [physical or social sciences]);
* A minimum of 10 years of relevant, demonstrated experience in the following areas:
* Working with universities and facilitating and/or supporting cross-sector and/or collaborative research partnerships;
* Building relationships with university and research stakeholders;
* Leading strategic planning and management;
* Leading multi-disciplinary teams to deliver services designed to meet the needs of diverse stakeholders;
* Leading strategic engagement, outreach, and communications on projects similar in scope or size;
* Must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English; and
* Current U.S. work authorization is required at the time of application.
$100,000 - $145,000
To be considered, please submit the following:
* Cover Letter
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job