Senior Business Development Manager
Lutheran World Relief
About the organization
At Lutheran World Relief, we envision a future where all people, in every corner of the world can live full, dignified lives.
Founded by Lutherans in the United States at the end of World War II, grounded in Lutheran theology and building on decades of experience, Lutheran World Relief tackles global poverty by helping people adapt to the challenges that threaten their livelihoods and well-being. We work with people based on need, regardless of race, religion or nationality and we do not evangelize. We provide aid in emergencies and help families restore their lives. We partner with communities to build and grow rural economies. We break the cycle of poverty, so families and communities can thrive. Our goal is to help people build self‐sufficiency and create new community‐owned approaches to problem‐solving that will last long after our projects end.
• Serve as Proposal Coordinator for high value proposals to ensure development of high-quality concept papers and proposals.
• Manage entire process and team to ensure that a complete, high-quality proposal is submitted on time.
• Identify proposal teams, outlining roles and responsibilities of each team member. Nurture proposal team working relationships.
• Lead the hand-off of successful awards to the relevant implementing team via the assigned grant manager.
• Ensure successful negotiation of restricted awards and contracts with institutional donors
• Lead and model use of organizational best practice for CRM in Phoenix.
• Lead development of technical materials including capacity statements, manage library of capacity statements and lead diffusion of best practices related to development of capacity statements.
• Develop and manage LWR's library of BD capacity building resources
• Plan, coordinate and facilitate training sessions for LWR staff at headquarters and oversees to build business acquisition capacities in English and Spanish/French.
• Recommend to the BD Director policy changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of business acquisition and proposal development processes at LWR. Lead the updating and management of the Grants Acquisition Manual and ensure access to all staff.
• 8-10 years of experience in international development and demonstrating increasing level of responsibility and challenges managed
• Master's degree in a relevant field
• Successful track record of program development; proven and sustained success in raising restricted funds donors
• Experience coordinating and writing high value proposals to prioritized donors, as a writer for successful proposals to USAID, US Department of State and major foundations
• Excellent communicator-verbal and written with the ability to respond to a diverse array of work styles and motivate team members without direct line management power. Strong facilitation skills with experience facilitating trainings and workshop in a variety of cultural settings and for participants who do not speak English as a first language
• Ability to successfully convene numerous stakeholders, both internally and externally towards a common goal
• Proactive and flexible work style
• Capable of identifying and responding to shifting priorities with the ability to balance many concurrent projects and priorities, while still keeping an eye towards overall business development strategy
• Fluency in French, Spanish or Arabic is required
• Willingness to work outside of normally operating hours, including early mornings, nights and weekends as necessary
• Ability to work in hostile environments such as conflict zones and in the immediate aftermath of natural disasters where security is a concern
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job