Senior Business Development Associate
About the organization
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. We seek to realize the potential of a digitally connected world: a world in which evidence-based information advances human progress, enables broad opportunity and accountability, and fuels vibrant civic debate.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. We have proudly incubated hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped these partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
The Senior Business Development Associate provides technical and administrative support for business development activities with public sector donors at Internews. This position will perform tasks requiring prior experience, education, and/or training. The Senior Business Development Associate works within the Global Development team to increase funding in support of Internews' mission by researching and engaging in fundraising activities with prospective and current public sector donors for increasing restricted project funds at Internews. Working under the leadership of the Senior Director for Business Development, as well as the Vice President for Global Development, they will contribute to a strategic approach to business development at Internews to ensure the organization raises over $70 million annually from public sector donors, including USAID, the US State department, the Canadian government and AusAid among others.
For more, please visit our Careers page.
- At least 2 years' prior work experience, preferably in the non-profit, communications or international development field.
- Passion for the role of media and increased access to information changing lives.
- Relevant undergraduate University degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively; practiced presentation skills.
- Admirable writing skills with demonstrated ability to translate complicated technical material into easy to read and compelling text. Ability to both edit others' writing and to accept feedback on written text with grace and humor.
-Demonstrated prior experience with successful proposal writing with a diverse range of donors.
- Proven organization skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize within the context of a flexible and shifting workload.
- Ability to handle sensitive donor information with the utmost discretion.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to maintain a sense of clam and project a sense of humor in the face of strict deadlines.
- Must be able and willing to work well with a diverse range of colleagues to achieve ambitious fundraising targets. Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment.
Please view the full job description on our Careers page for more information.
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter through our Careers page: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1358
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job