Senior Business Development Associate, Private Sector
About the organization
At Internews, we believe everyone deserves trustworthy news and information to make informed decisions about their lives and hold power to account. We train journalists and digital rights activists, tackle disinformation, and offer business expertise to help media outlets become financially sustainable. We do all of this in partnership with local communities – who are the people best placed to know what works.
We support independent media in 100 countries, from radio stations in refugee camps, to hyper-local news outlets, to individual activists and reporters. We’ve helped our partners reach millions of people with quality, local information that saves lives, improves livelihoods, and holds institutions accountable.
The Senior Business Development Associate, Private Sector provides technical and administrative support for business development activities with private sector institutional donors at Internews. This position will perform tasks requiring prior experience, education and/or training. The Senior Business Development Associate works within the Global Development team to increase funding in support of Internews’ mission by researching and engaging in fundraising activities with prospective and current private sector donors for increasing restricted project funds at Internews. Working under the leadership of the Senior Business Development Specialist – Private Sector, as well as the Vice President for Global Development, they will contribute to a strategic approach to development at Internews to ensure the organization raises over $4 million annually from private sector donors.
To learn more, please visit our Careers page.
• At least 2 years of prior work experience, preferably in the non-profit, communications or international development fields, and ideally in fundraising in some capacity.
• Passion for the role of media and increased access to information in changing lives.
• Relevant undergraduate University degree or equivalent professional experience.
• Ability to communicate effectively and practiced presentation skills.
• Admirable writing skills with demonstrated ability to translate complicated technical material into easy to read and compelling text. Ability to both edit others writing and to accept feedback on written text with grace and humor.
• Demonstrated prior experience with successful proposal writing with a diverse range of donors.
• Proven organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
• Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize within the context of a flexible and shifting workload.
• Ability to handle sensitive donor information with the utmost discretion.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to maintain a sense of calm and project a sense of humor in the face of strict deadlines.
• Must be able and willing to work well with a diverse range of colleagues to achieve ambitious fundraising targets. Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment.
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job