Senior Associate, Resource Development
Sabin Vaccine Institute
About the organization
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization.
The Senior Associate, Resource Development will be a dynamic fundraising specialist responsible for various duties to help drive Sabin’s cultivation of donor relationships. The Senior Associate will support Sabin’s CEO and Vice President, Resource Development and Policy.
• Conduct detailed research and analysis to plan and lead complex fundraising strategies
• Manage the full cycle of event sponsorship requests
• Draft fundraising materials, including letters of inquiry, grant proposals, donor-targeted content, reporting and executive briefs
• Coordinate grant applications to multilateral organizations, governments, corporations and foundations, including development of project strategy with program/admin teams, timeline management, drafting content and coordination of inputs from key staff
• Manage corporate stakeholder relationships, maintaining updated partnership documents
• Provide targeted and strategic fundraising support for the development of new projects
• Responsible for CEO’s and Vice President’s administrative needs
• Manage executive staff travel and logistics for fundraising meetings, including planning and outreach, material preparations and staffing at meeting
• Maintain donor engagement records and regular reporting in Salesforce database
• Maintain stakeholder lists in Engaging Networks database
• Support partnership development to facilitate funding submissions
• Work collaboratively across the organization
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• 4+ years relevant experience in fundraising, partnership or business development, with prior experience in scientific research, product development, global health, public health, international development or other related field
• Excellent verbal and written communicator with ability to tailor approach toward the perspective of others
• Grant writing experience a plus
• Database management experience preferred (e.g., Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge)
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications
• Experience with travel, event and meeting arrangements
• Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail
• Strong strategic/critical thinking and goal orientation
• Superior service orientation
• Demonstrated ability to operate with purpose, urgency and accuracy in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and deadline-driven environment
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, perform multiple tasks and follow assignments through to completion
• Readiness to interact with a variety of people and assume diverse duties and tasks
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and understand what motivates others
• Demonstrated willingness and ability to work on a team in a cooperative, problem solving capacity
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute has a generous benefits package (see https://www.sabin.org/careers/employee-benefits).
Contact email: [email protected]
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail. Please be sure to reference “Senior Associate, Resource Development” in the subject line. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply