Senior Associate, Projects
Making Cents International
About the organization
Making Cents International is a results-driven women-owned small business founded on the principles of social entrepreneurship. Since our founding in 1999, we have been fostering human potential and promoting economic opportunities for disadvantaged populations around the world. We have implemented more than 130 projects in over 60 countries to date and are a trusted partner to public- and private-sector clients who benefit from our expertise and broad industry exposure.
Making Cents International is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Principal Duties in this role include:
- Serving as a project officer, guiding work and activities for select projects through the project cycle from launch to close-out.
- Leading activities related to budget development and monitoring, level-of-effort utilization, invoicing, subcontractor management, consultant recruitment and management, vendor management, deliverable development and tracking, project documentation, etc., confirming that activities are compliant with funder regulations and company policies.
- Coordinating logistics for project personnel including organizing travel arrangements and processing timesheets, expense reports, and invoices.
- Recruit, screen, hire, and onboard field personnel for technical service delivery, and secure in-country operational support. Support, cradle to grave, grantmaking activities for assigned projects.
- Drafting, issuing, and participating in RFP/Qs for specific services (e.g., security, research, etc.) related to in-country or specific project activities. Support the development, implementation, evaluation, and close-out of project-based grants.
- Expanding professional knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributing to corporate strategy implementation through active participation in project team initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluency in Spanish
- Minimum three years’ relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience providing administrative, logistics, or related support
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship
Our ideal candidates are:
- Excellent writers and verbal communicators
- Results-oriented, entrepreneurial, and driven to innovate in a flexible environment
- Meticulously focused on details, organization, and meeting deadlines
- Resourceful problem-solvers with the ability to take initiative to learn new skills
- Able to manage up, articulate opinions, and present resourceful alternatives
Success in this role requires a proactive individual who enjoys working on multiple projects and continually applying learning to improve Making Cents’ overall project management.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job