Senior Associate, Influenza Vaccine Innovation
Sabin Vaccine Institute
About the organization
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization.
The Senior Associate will support the design and capture of a scientific agenda that outlines new approaches, systems and associated resource streams to foster innovation in the influenza vaccine research and development landscape. Working closely with internal leadership and external partners and stakeholders, the Senior Associate will support work intended to drive the demand for and accelerate the development of universal influenza vaccines.
• Conduct targeted research and literature reviews
• Draft technical and advocacy materials
• Contribute to project/program activities
• Support the development of technical agendas for workshops and meetings and identify appropriate speakers and participants
Partnerships and Teams
• Support collaborative activities with partner organizations; interface with affiliates
• Work with the Communications Team to document and coordinate project activities
• Assist in organizing domestic and international meetings
• Assist with financial issues, including ensuring timely reporting, maintaining accurate records and preparation of expense reports and check requests
• Schedule, prepare for and participate in team meetings
• Coordinate travel through Sabin’s preferred travel partner
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• 4+ years relevant experience; global health/infectious disease research experience a plus
• 1+ years experience in a life science laboratory setting; operational familiarity with scientific methodology and terminology (e.g., microbiology, immunology) highly preferred
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
• Excellent communication and diplomacy skills (active listening, writing, speaking)
• Must demonstrate interest in furthering Sabin’s mission
• Strong attention to detail, ability to manage complex tasks, highly organized, flexible, dependable and able to prioritize competing demands
• Strong interpersonal skills; effective at working with others over geographical distance
• Listens carefully to feedback and comments from staff and adapts plans/actions accordingly
• Ability to process information quickly
• Ability to work across the organization, building strong relationships with colleagues
• Superior service orientation
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute has a generous benefits package.
Contact email: [email protected]
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail to [email protected] Please be sure to reference “Senior Associate, Influenza Vaccine Innovation” in the subject line. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills, and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply