Senior Associate Cold Chain Equipment
Clinton Health Access Initiative
About the organization
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
Cold Chain Equipment
Most vaccines must be stored and transported at refrigerated temperatures of two to eight degrees Celsius to maintain their potency. This network of storage and transport points is known as the “cold chain”, and is the backbone of immunization programs around the world.
However, countries often struggle to maintain their cold chains in good condition, particularly as an influx of newer vaccines increases the strain on an already-taxed system.
We are seeking an Associate to join the Global Vaccines Delivery Team to strengthen CHAI's work in Cold Chain Infrastructure and Management, both at global level and in focal countries. This role falls within the global Cold Chain Logistics (CCL) team, which works with governments to remove cold- and supply-chain issues as a barrier to improved coverage.
1. In collaboration with CHAI country teams, CCL team leadership/members, and regional managers, provide high-value strategic and programmatic support to dramatically improve the performance of country cold chains
2. Support CHAI's ability to deliver high-quality and impactful work across diverse operating contexts and content areas
3. Inform global practices and policies related to vaccines cold chain
4. Support program and grant management (with a focus on vaccines cold chain work) in collaboration with program, regional and country leadership
• Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred); preference for fields related to business, health policy, logistics systems
• At least 4 or 5 years of relevant professional experience
• Exceptional skills in problem-solving and system design
• Strong analytical skills, including qualitative and quantitative data
• Excellent communication skills in English, including synthesis and presentation across common business media
• Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills, with a proven ability to build relationships in a multicultural work environment
• Demonstrated capacity to synthesize evidence into an effective presentations and actionable recommendations for a broad range of audiences, anticipating working in-country (e.g. Ministries of Health, district officials) and globally (e.g. donors, policy makers)
• High emotional intelligence, patience and thoughtfulness even in high-pressure, stressful situations. This includes a proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships in a complex environment with occasional tensions or conflicts
• Strong commitment to CHAI's and the Vaccine team's mission; a dedicated team player
• Ability to travel extensively (at least 35% of time) to focus countries and other locations as need for work (for in-country support, global working groups, conferences, etc.)
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/aQ2r5OC8npDzTdjEtXQmW
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job