Senior Associate, Applied Epidemiology
Sabin Vaccine Institute
About the organization
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization. Sabin staff, management and Board of Trustees are committed to developing a diverse, equitable and inclusive team.
On the research side, the Senior Associate supports the Surveillance for Enteric Fever in Asia Project (SEAP), a long-running, prospective surveillance study that operates in Bangladesh, Nepal, and Pakistan and generates data on the burden of enteric fever in South Asia. On the policy and advocacy side, the Senior Associate supports the Coalition against Typhoid (CaT), part of the Take on Typhoid partnership, in communicating SEAP data to decision-makers who are considering the introduction of the Typhoid Conjugate Vaccine (TCV) in SEAP countries and advocating for TCV introduction more broadly. In the coming years, SEAP will continue to provide data needed to support TCV introduction (Bangladesh and Nepal) and identify the impact of TCV introduction on enteric fever epidemiology (Pakistan).
Assist with generating and revising SAS coding for quality control monitoring, reporting and data visualization
Assist with data cleaning and preparation of biweekly reports communicating database errors to site partners
Conduct literature reviews and landscape analyses for new projects
Provide backfill support for data management (e.g., data merges)
Maintain updated SEAP codebook and revise as needed
Translate evidence generated from research projects into engaging content for the CaT website, including blog posts and newsletter content
Monitor news reports and scientific publications for regular updates to the CaT website
Generate content for CaT social media platforms
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as public health, biology, sociology psychology
• 4+ years relevant experience in public health, global health or related field
• Work experience within a grant-funded environment a plus
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with SAS and Excel
• Proficient in Microsoft Office application (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint); MS Teams a plus
• Excellent communication skills (active listening, writing, speaking)
• Experience with social media and/or generating web content a plus
• Solves problems with creativity and critical thinking
• Cultural respect and sensitivity
• Must demonstrate interest in furthering Sabin’s mission
• Strong attention to detail, ability to manage complex tasks, highly organized, flexible, dependable and able to prioritize competing demands
• Strong interpersonal skills; effective at working with others over geographical distance
• Receives feedback from staff and adapts plans/actions accordingly
• Ability to process information quickly
• Ability to work independently, as well as within a team
Contact email: [email protected]
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via e-mail. Reference “Senior Associate, Applied Epidemiology” in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Your cover letter should: (1) address the reasons for your interest in this position; and, (2) describe the knowledge, skills, and abilities you would bring the Sabin Vaccine Institute. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute has a generous benefits package https://www.sabin.org/careers/employee-benefits.
Sabin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or genetic information, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy or sexual orientation), marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job