Senior Assistant to the Chief Development and Marketing Officer
About the organization
Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 15 states plus Washington DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging our 25 years of experience serving over 150,000 children with the support of more than 50,000 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America.
This is an outstanding career opportunity and a vital role for an exceptionally motivated and experienced Senior Assistant to provide high-level support to Jumpstart’s Chief Development & Marketing Officer (CDMO). The ideal candidate is excited by the opportunity to experience and influence the daily operations of a dynamic nonprofit organization launching a five-year strategic plan and growth capital campaign and will leverage a broad range of skills with a high degree of professionalism, initiative, and collaboration in managing a variety of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
S/he/them must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills to effectively manage multiple priorities including providing support to the Vice-President of Marketing, Communications, and Brand and the Associate Vice-President of Development. The role is a great opportunity for a highly organized, and innovative professional with strong communication and project management skills.
• Considerable number of years of experience (5+) assisting high-level executives (preferably at the C-Suite level) and/or experience on a development team, ideally within development operations.
• 2-3 years of experience in project management or development operations.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills; ability to work with all staff at all levels.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and resourcefulness; ability to follow-through and close loops.
• Proficiency in MS Office with excellent Outlook organizational skills; ability to facilitate use of technology for conference calls, and meetings (e.g. Microsoft Teams and Zoom).
• Superb attention to detail.
• Comfortable working with budgeting tasks.
• Availability to flex or work after hours when necessary.
• Ability to handle confidential information and act with discretion.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Teams), Google apps, and Salesforce.
• Commitment to Jumpstart’s core values of learning, community, social justice, joy, and inclusive leadership.
• Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities.
• Boast a deep belief in Jumpstart’s mission; and can root your work in the organization’s core values.
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience.
• Prior experience/interest in social justice or diversity, equity, and inclusion work.
60,000 - 64,000
Contact email: [email protected]
Please include a cover letter with your resume and apply through our website at www.jstart.org/about/jobs
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job