Senior Assistant - 20021
WWF Washington, DC
About the organization
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's leading conservation organization, seeks a Senior Assistant at our Washington, DC office. The Senior Assistant performs a variety of standar and frequently complex administrative duties, accounting tasks and special projects to ensure the smooth functioning of department, or program using administrative skills, organizational skills, and a detailed knowledge of the organization and its programs and policies.
• Communication - Answers and routes phone calls, greets visitors, and handles a variety of internal and external requests. Arranges meetings and makes appointments for supervisor(s) and staff. Answers complex inquiries requiring detailed knowledge of departmental procedures.
• Document review and preparation - Regularly composes correspondence for self and others. Composes complex documents for others such presentations using PowerPoint or Prezi, and ensures they are correct and accurate. May help prepare proposals and contracts.
• Coordinates meetings/conferences/ special events, including attendee coordination, space and equipment rental, AV needs, catering, and material preparation. General office duties - makes travel arrangements; handles administrative aspect of new employee set-up; orders office supplies, coordinates mailings, production and distribution of documents, reports and other materials. Performs miscellaneous office tasks. May assign work and coordinate projects performed by part-time and temporary staff.
• A high school diploma or equivalent. Five years of demonstrated and progressively responsible experience in an administrative assistant or secretarial position.
• Demonstrated ability to use Word, PowerPoint, Excel and, and specialized databases to create documents, reports and logs. Good organizational and analytical skills needed to proof and edit documents; effective writing ability necessary to prepare own correspondence.
• Interpersonal skills requiring courtesy, tact and diplomacy necessary to effectively communicate with staff, callers and visitors.
• Ability to take initiative, prioritize, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
Please visit our Careers Page, job#20021, to submit an online application including resume and cover letter
Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/gxr8m63mggwjm7pv
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job