Senior Academic Advisor, Come Back Bearcat Program
UC Blue Ash College
About the organization
UC Blue Ash College is a regional college within the University of Cincinnati. It offers one of the best values in higher education with access to a nationally recognized UC education in more than 50 degrees and certificates, as well as tuition that is about half of most colleges and universities. The college is located on a scenic 135-acre wooded campus in the heart of Blue Ash, Ohio.
• Provide academic advising to facilitate students’ successful and timely educational planning and degree completion in alignment with their educational and career goals.
• Serve as advisor for a designated caseload of students through proactive outreach, support, and education. Develop a rapport of trust and accessibility with assigned students. Ensure accurate advice and quality support, contributing to persistence and a positive student experience.
• Monitor student progress and develop graduation plans in partnership with individual students. Provide information regarding curriculum, policies, procedures, opportunities, and guidelines for academic programs.
• Evaluate student information and utilize data to facilitate enrollment and registration. Maintain advising and enrollment records. In partnership with faculty, assess advanced standing credit, substitute courses to meet graduation requirements, and create degree audit exceptions.
• Evaluate student needs and provide appropriate resource referral to career, academic, counseling, and student life resources and opportunities.
• Support students through educational transition processes (ex. orientation, exploration, transfer, transition, and graduation.)
• Recommend actions related to academic alert, probation, suspension and dismissal of students. Identify opportunities for high-performing student engagement and goal attainment.
• Utilize current advising and student
Bachelors Degree Required.
Three (3) years of academic advising and/or student success experience.
Additional Qualifications Considered
• Master's Degree in Higher Education Administration.
• Knowledge of and experience working with student development theory.
• Prior experience with electronic degree audit systems.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Sitting - Continuously
Repetitive hand motion (such as typing) - Continuously
Hearing, listening - Continuously
Talking - Continuously
Standing - Often
Walking - Often
Reaching overhead - Seldom
Pulling, pushing - Seldom
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job