Seattle ERIC Research Volunteer Opportunity
Seattle Epidemiologic Research and Information Center, Veterans Affairs
About the organization
About the Seattle ERIC and VA CSP:
The Seattle ERIC is a research center within the VA Puget Sound Health Care System that works to improve the healthcare of Veterans through epidemiologic research. We are part of the VA CSP, a national VA research group of 12 epidemiology and clinical trial research centers.
Learn more at:
Seattle ERIC website: https://www.seattle.eric.research.va.gov/
VA CSP website: https://www.vacsp.research.va.gov/
• Assist with maintaining and updating study databases (mostly operating in MS Access)
• Audit study materials and databases for quality assurance/quality control
• Engage with study participants, specifically Veterans, over the phone (scripts and training are provided)
• Print and assemble recruitment materials to be mailed to subjects
• Academic courses concentrated in public health or other related fields
• Willingness to commit a minimum of 6 hours/week during normal working hours for three academic quarters (9 months); during the pandemic, as few as 4 hours may be acceptable
• Willing and comfortable speaking on the phone with Veterans (training provided)
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Experience with MS SharePoint and Access desirable
• Experience with Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap) or other data entry applications desirable
Contact email: [email protected]
Are you interested in helping to improve the healthcare of our United States Veterans through a meaningful experience in a collaborative environment? The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Cooperative Studies Program (CSP) is a nationally renowned program that produces innovative solutions to Veteran and national healthcare problems through multi-site research studies.
The VA CSP Seattle Epidemiologic Research and Information Center (ERIC) has volunteer opportunities available! Opportunities are in-person, based out of the VA Puget Sound campus in Seattle, WA.
Volunteers must be U.S. citizens. Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Applications received without a cover letter will not be considered. Academic credit, practicum requirements, internships, research papers, or compensation are not available with this opportunity.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job