Seasonal Recruiting Specialist
About the organization
Founded in 2002, Galileo operates summer day camp programs at 70+ locations throughout the Bay Area, SoCal, and Chicago. Our mission is to develop innovators who envision and create a better world, and we reach this mission through employment of our unique pedagogy, the Galileo Innovation Approach.
We’re ranked #1 for Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the SF Business Times (and been on the list for ten consecutive years!), and were named one of Forbes’ Best Small Companies. Being a Galileo Camp Director means joining an organization that is a model of innovative learning, with a company-wide commitment to inclusion and broadening our impact.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
WHAT’S THE JOB, REALLY?
• We’re looking for a Seasonal Recruiting Specialist to help manage our messaging and analytics, and to drive applications for open summer jobs.
• You’ll own our jobs posting calendar, ensuring detailed information about open opportunities is posted to the right channels, including major digital job boards, social media sites, and staff newsletters.
• You’ll collaborate with recruiting strategy leads by serving as a brand representative at on-campus career fairs and other partner recruiting events, as well as supporting outreach efforts to these groups (e.g. email campaigns).
• You’ll help support our robust, candidate-facing social media strategy to help build our employer brand and communicate our employer value proposition to the world.
• You’ll support our online presence through creating and implementing national email marketing and social media ad campaigns as well as recruiting passive candidates on platforms such as LinkedIn.
• You’ll support our data monitoring and reporting efforts to help us measure the efficacy of campaigns, and make data-driven decisions based on performance.
• You’ll help manage the pipeline of incredible summer staff applicants, reviewing resumes in our applicant tracking system, leveraging resources to swiftly summarize notes, and ultimately determining how best to direct candidates to hiring managers.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
• Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required
• 1-2 years experience in a recruiting, marketing, or related role highly preferred, but not required
• Strong attention to detail, and exceptional proficiency in written communication across multiple channels
• Social media experience (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat) preferred
• Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft and Google suite of products
• Experience with soliciting and implementing feedback to improve performance
Contact email: [email protected]
Schedule & Time Commitment
• At-home, online training, approximately 2-5 hours prior to your first day in office
• Training days, approximately 30-40 hours per week, Monday, January 13 – Friday, January 24
• 40 hours/week, from Thursday, January 27 - Friday, June 19 (some flexibility possible in end date)
Benefits & Compensation
• Temporary employee (non-benefited)
• Paid sick leave is accrued at a rate of one hour per every thirty hours worked. Accrual begins on the first day of employment. Paid sick leave may be used beginning on the 90th day of employment.
Galileo Learning Headquarters, 1021 Third Street, Oakland, CA 94607
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job