Senior Program Associate, Business Development
Lutheran World Relief
About the organization
At Lutheran World Relief, we envision a future where all people, in every corner of the world can live full, dignified lives.
Founded by Lutherans in the United States at the end of World War II, grounded in Lutheran theology and building on decades of experience, Lutheran World Relief tackles global poverty by helping people adapt to the challenges that threaten their livelihoods and well-being. We work with people based on need, regardless of race, religion or nationality and we do not evangelize. We provide aid in emergencies and help families restore their lives. We partner with communities to build and grow rural economies. We break the cycle of poverty, so families and communities can thrive. Our goal is to help people build self‐sufficiency and create new community‐owned approaches to problem‐solving that will last long after our projects end.
• Support the day-to-day operations of the Business Development Unit and support to business development efforts, liaising with staff from other departments to achieve institutional revenue goals.
• Identify and track new business opportunities
• Development capture materials such as organizational capacity statement
• Support business development processes based on internal lessons learn and best practices, including opportunity pipeline, quality review, and tools/resources for teams working in BD.
• Lead data analysis of the organization's business development efforts and reporting to inform business development strategy and operations.
• Conduct long-term and short-term strategic research that informs the growth strategy of the organization
• Contribute to systems for knowledge management and contact relationship management.
• Represent LWR among donors and peer organizations in events, working groups, and other opportunities to increase visibility and build strong relationships with key stakeholders and partners.
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum 2 years experience in international development
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
• Experience supporting grants or as a writer for successful proposals to USAID, US Department of State and/or major foundations
• Excellent communicator-verbal and written
• Strong facilitation skills
• Able to collaborate with a diverse work force
• Proactive and flexible work style
• Capable of identifying and responding to shifting priorities
Fluency in French, Spanish or Arabic
• Please note that, upon hire, employees must provide proof of legal eligibility to work in the United States of America.
• Deep commitment to LWR and IMA's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job