San Joaquin Valley Community Advocacy Manager
Community Water Center
About the organization
CWC’s team is passionate, dynamic, and believes in the cause of water justice and making real change that is driven directly by impacted communities themselves. Our organizing and advocacy work, community collaborations, and organizational culture all reflect a concern for equity, mutual respect, appreciation for diversity, and environmental and social justice.
● Foster an environment that promotes trust and cooperation amongst CWC staff, community members, and affiliate organizations.
● Attend and actively participate in team meetings, strategy development sessions and retreats. ● Support and contribute to internal reporting processes; fundraising efforts and staff retreats.
● Other duties as assigned by your supervisor and other CWC Directors.
● Ability to communicate proficiently in English and Spanish (oral and written)
● 3+ years personnel management experience
● 3+ years community organizing and outreach experience
● 2+ years project management experience
● Strong interpersonal communication skills with sensitivity to audience
● Strong passion for and commitment to social and environmental justice
● Awareness of how differences in class, race, privilege and lived experience shape how individuals and institutions think and act
● Proven ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced office environment and meet deadlines ● Ability to accept and provide critical feedback – the ideal candidate would value accountability across the organization
● Valid CA drivers license and the ability to drive out of town on highways
● Experience working in the San Joaquin Valley or familiarity with key environmental justice issues facing the region
● Experience and familiarity with drinking water issues
Starting at $65,000 - $82,000 per year (based on experience and qualifications)
Contact email: [email protected]
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and note (title) position - [your name] in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply