About the organization
Equal Exchange started with an idea: what if food could be traded in a way that is honest and fair, a way that empowers both farmers and consumers? We work to change the power dynamics in the food system. How we do that is dynamic and evolving, but is rooted in relationships and organic products like coffee, tea and chocolate. Who knew that social change could taste so good?!
Sales Reps work with our team and our business customers to get small farmer products to consumers through effective sales programs and education about mission impact.
Responsibilities include: Meeting annual new sales and growth goals, participation in strategy and team development, order taking and customer service as needed.
Sales and Account Management
Team Participation and Development
See full job description at:
• Ability to communicate well and problem solve with customers, team members and staff
• Ability to effectively manage time and responsibilities
• Ability to work well with other
• Ability to rebound from rejection
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• Previous sales experience preferred
• Previous Natural Foods or Food Service experience preferred
• Previous experience with progressive business preferred
• Ability & willingness to travel
• Valid driver’s license
• Flexible, and willing to continuously learn by experience
$37,400 Plus profit-sharing through worker-ownership
Contact email: [email protected]
As part of our application process, we want to hear your ideas! Please make sure to see and respond to the Application Questions listed at the end of our job descriptions linked to our careers page.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job