Sales Associate - Farmers Market
About the organization
Mapp'd is DC's locally sourced, global foods brand. We celebrate the diversity of flavor through our lineup of internationally inspired food.
Mapp'd uses the highest quality, locally sourced ingredients to support local farmers and sustainable food systems while also providing the highest quality food available to our customers.
During COVID times, Mapp'd is primarily based at farmers markets where we sell Ready-To-Cook meals. Our homemade, globally inspired meals can be enjoyed throughout the week for busy people to make from their home. We also offer catering services which include private in home meals, group dinners, corporate catering, and cooking classes, though these services have largely been on pause due to restrictions surrounding the virus.
Farmers Market Sales Associates are enthusiastic about high quality food and supporting local food systems. The right candidate will be friendly and outgoing, able to engage with customers to promote our products, answer questions, and offer product serving suggestions. This position requires not only motivation to make sales, but also physical strength. This position involves moving heavy and large equipment including: tents, tables, coolers, sand bags, boxes of food, etc. Farmers markets run from 8:20 am - 1:20 pm, outdoors, in rain or shine. You must be able to stand during the duration of the shift.
- Strong interest in specialty foods and willingness to learn and talk about food in detail.
- Able to lift at least 40 lbs. This work is labor intensive, and you will need to be able to set up tents, tables, and lift boxes of food.
- People oriented - We are looking for people who enjoy chatting with customers and are comfortable answering questions.
- Able to count and handle money
- Must be available to work assigned market consistently. We can accommodate for special dates off, but we are looking for sales associates who can work most weekends.
$16 per hour
Contact email: [email protected]
Please send an email to Dani Karnof at [email protected] if you are interested.
Please tell us:
1. Why you are interested in this position;
2. About your previous experience working with food and/or your previous experience in a customer facing role
3. Your availability
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Email to apply