Rwanda Strategy and Operations Analyst
One Acre Fund
About the organization
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are looking for a motivated person, who is dedicated to social impact, to join our Rwanda strategy team. You will work on short-term projects across multiple functions to solve complex operational, strategic and financial problems.
Roles and Responsibilities
Your project portfolio will vary depending on program priorities. Examples of current/past team projects include:
• Undertake market research to understand and identify how we can reduce our high inputs delivery costs, through research, modelling of truck costs and industry margins.
• Build a social return on investment model for field trials to ensure the trial maximises impact at the lowest cost, and could be scaled country-wide.
• Identify opportunities to enhance our solar strategy, through rigorous product selection, improved marketing, customer service and new channels.
• Work with our field operations team to create tools to measure performance, and ensure incentives for field staff are optimal to increase results.
• Longer-term, there will be opportunities to lead increasingly large projects or join/lead a department you are supporting.
We are looking for extraordinary professionals who will help take our organisation to the next levels of impact. This is a posting for a careertrack role. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
• Work experiences: We are targeting strategy, finance, and management consulting professionals, or people with similar experience quickly getting up to speed on a project, working across departments, and solving problems. We also look for leadership experiences, at or outside of work, particularly in roles that demonstrate strong relationship management.
• Technical skills: Advanced Excel (can perform complex functions). Experience with other professional programs (e.g. R, STATA) is a plus.
• Humility: in everything One Acre Fund does, we put farmers first. We do this by approaching our work and individual professional growth with humility, efficiency, and compassion.
• A willingness to commit to living in East Africa for at least two years. Experience working in a developing market is a bonus, but is not required.
• Language: English; French/Kinyarwanda a bonus
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job