Resident Technical Data/Information Specialist: Information Integrity, Georgia
National Democratic Institute
Job Function: International
Resident Technical Data/Information Specialist: Information Integrity: Georgia
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks a Technical Data/Information Specialist for the USAID Georgia Information Integrity Program. The goal of the program is to enhance Georgian efforts to advance the integrity of the information space and build societal resilience in the face of disinformation and propaganda campaigns. This effort will seek to build upon existing efforts in the country, build a sustainable community of stakeholders to coordinate counter-disinformation efforts and maximize impact, and to strengthen capacities to pursue more data-driven, effective and measurable approaches. Hiring will be contingent upon award of the program.
The ideal candidate possesses eight (8) years of professional experience encompassing the fields of disinformation, research, digital communications and technologies, data analysis, politics, and international democracy assistance in the Eurasian context, with knowledge of Georgia highly preferred. S/he has expertise in designing and implementing effective research methodologies involving quantitative and qualitative approaches, conducting innovative data collection and analysis, deploying technology to solve diverse problems, and pursuing rigorous monitoring and evaluation.
• Demonstrated expertise in disinformation and propaganda, including the basics of machine learning and its impact on data gathering, management and analysis; information access and data literacy; public opinion research; and digital technologies and communications.
• Experience building or using a variety of tools for collection and analysis of disinformation efforts and impacts, including through social media, as well promoting and evaluating efforts to build resilience.
• Advanced degree or higher in the subject matter area or other relevant fields highly preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated ability for public speaking, writing and reporting in English.
• Experience in living and working in Eurasia, particularly in Georgia.
• Ability and willingness to travel to regional locations that may be remote and difficult to reach.
• Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) is a must, as well as familiarity with protocols for the secure storage and sharing of information.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Interviews may be conducted in-person or remotely. Salary is commensurate with experience. A generous benefits package is provided. Employment is contingent upon receipt of award AND donor approval by USAID.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/5rdzyr48x3cyg7cv
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job