Resident Services Coordinator (Bilingual Spanish/English)
About the organization
Project Access was founded in 1999 and is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that assists low-income families and seniors. We offer onsite programs to help ensure that residents maintain their employment, children stay in school and seniors remain active. Project Access provides services such as, but not limited to, after-school tutoring and healthy snacks, job search assistance, health programs, ESL classes, and senior programs. We help the residents become further educated, financially stable and contributing members to our communities. We work with other organizations and provide referrals for needs beyond the scope of our services. In 2020, Project Access provided programs and services to over 22,000 individuals in 13 states.
What you’ll be doing:
• Connecting with residents to identify & provide services that promote self-sufficiency.
• Coordinate & oversee an after-school program and teen program. Create & implement curriculum, homework assistance, & educational enrichment activities.
• Remote delivery of resident services such as hosting virtual call-in’s, wellness checks, & food distribution.
• Develop & maintain partnerships with local providers to deliver services & programs.
• Plan & facilitate events, including community building events, throughout the year.
• Provide residents with information & referrals to access community resources.
• Develop & maintain relationships with property managers.
• Publish a monthly newsletter including a calendar of events for distribution to residents.
• Develop & maintain a resource directory of local service providers.
• Collect & submit program outcomes data. Includes monthly program attendance & evaluation reports.
• Use of personal automobile to acquire program supplies & attend offsite meetings (mileage reimbursed at IRS rate when in accordance with company policy).
What you’ll bring to the table:
• A drive and passion to provide quality services and programs to residents
• Preferably a bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Social Work, or related field
• Minimum one year of experience in delivering social services, working with adults and diverse populations demonstrating cultural humility and community awareness.
• Bilingual in Spanish and English required.
• Intermediate skill level with MS Office (Excel, Word, Publisher) & Outlook.
• Strong time management, administrative, and organizational skills.
• Strong communicator; high level of verbal, written, and listening skills
• Valid UT Driver’s License and availability of insured vehicle.
• Able to lift up to 30 pounds which may include large boxes of food for a supplemental food distribution program. The physical activity of this position includes bending, walking, kneeling, reaching, and step climbing.
19.00 per hour ($39,520 annual)
Contact email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employment
The posting employer has certified that this announcement complies with Peace Corps’ Equal Opportunity Employment policy:
The Peace Corps is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees, Volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer service. Peace Corps policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 or over), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, or history of participation in the Equal Employment Opportunity process, grievance procedure, or any authorized complaint procedure.
Does this sound like the position for you?Apply to job